Start of a new month, so it’s time for the Insecure Writer’s Support Group Post.
I would like to start of this post by thanking everyone who had signed up in May to help me to promote my books. In June, the first set of guest posts/reviews/interviews went live. The response has been amazing. Here are the links to the posts about “Dark Desires”:
- Jacqui Murray: Ronel has a new book “Dark Desires”
- Sadira Stone: Guest Post from YA Fantasy Author Ronel Janse van Vuuren
- Sandra Cox: DARK DESIRES
- Lee Lowery: DARK DESIRES: High School, Magic, and Curses
- Renee Scattergood: Dark Desires: a YA Fantasy Novel by Ronel Janse van Vuuren
- Cathrina Constantine: NewRelease Dark Desire #ebook #Fantasy #Interview @miladyronel
- Lidy Wilks: Beta Reader Awesomeness by Guest Blogger Ronel Janse van Vuuren
- SE White: Guest Post: In Which there are Dark Desires
- Juneta Key: Dark Desires: A Character Interview
- Alex J. Cavanaugh: RiffTrax: Live – Star Raiders Review! Ronel Talks Music, Smallfoot and Wandering Earth Reviews, and Ninja News
- Rebecca Douglass: YA Spotlight and Guest post: Ronel Janse van Vuuren
- Pam Lazos: Dark Desires: Radioactive – the Effects of Pollution on the Fae
I’ll be in touch soon with the next round of guest posts, etc. for July/August.
What’s driving my insecurity this month? Of all things, Arrow.
When this series started out, it was amazing. I even wrote about it. But after that post – and the end of season 4 – it has gotten progressively worse. I’ll go as far as saying that this last season was dreadful. I finished watching it, of course, because Stephen Amell.
Arrow is the reason I started watching The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. I gave up on The Flash seasons ago. I only watched the first three episodes of the newest season of Supergirl. Bleh! Only Legends of Tomorrow became better and better.
So why does this make me insecure as a writer? If great franchises of superheroes can become skippable, what makes me (my writing) unskippable?
I’ve tried out Kindle Unlimited for “Magic at Midnight”. Thus far: colour me confused. But it is enrolled in the StoryTeller competition, so maybe something good will come from it. I’m going to try out the free days, too – so check my social media (and newsletter!) for the dates.
Oh, and the cover has made it through the preliminary rounds for the AllAuthor cover of the month contest! Please go and vote for it.
I’ve decided to add a new feature to my blog. On Mondays I’ll share bookish news. Cover reveals, reviews, bookblasts, etc. I’ve already done a couple in the last few weeks.
As for this month’s question: What personal traits have you written into your character(s)?
Traits? Mm. Compassion. Kindness. Honesty. That sort of thing? More would probably get too personal… But I do dare you to read my work and tell me if you can spot any personal traits in my characters from knowing me online. There’s the free “The Fae Realm” on all online retailers and you can always join my newsletter for another free book. Or get something for only 99c 😉
I know, very short this month. It takes a lot of effort to get anything written right now – probably because it’s winter and my body is telling me to hibernate.
Any suggestions about how to be unskippable? Any advice about using KDP Unlimited? Have you read my work and are you able to figure out some personal traits from my characters as they apply to me?
Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free ebook. I won’t share your information and I’ll only email you once a month with updates on new releases, special offers, and a bit of news.