Celebrating the success of Cinderella Reimagined, I’m sharing a couple of book club questions.
Book club questions Cinderella Reimagined
- Did you like the Cinderella-inspired poem?
- Did you enjoy the twist of Ella being a lyricist?
- What did you think of the Slipper’s story?
- What did you think of Kayla’s family?
- Did you enjoy Kayla’s choice of profession?
- Would your personality have changed, as Kayla’s had, by simply being physically transformed?
- What did you think of Kieran?
- What are your thoughts on James?
- What are your thoughts on accepting expensive gifts?
- Did you enjoy the Chariot’s tale?
- Do you think diamond high heels would be comfortable?
- What would you do if you were at a party, alone, and a gorgeous guy approaches you?
- What are your thoughts on Drizella’s story?
- Did you enjoy the dystopian setting of “A Kingdom for a Shoe”?
- What are your thoughts on the programmers?
- What do you think of the fate of Cindy and her unfaithful husband?
- Did you see the similarities in this tale to the original Perrault fairy tale?
- What did you think of Cinderfella?
- Did you like the twist on the fairy godmother’s tale?
- Did you like the twist on the shoes in the last tale?
- Would you recommend this book to others?
About the book
Do you sometimes feel you are living a Cinderella life? Maybe there is a little Cinderella in all of us. Even your favorite guy best friend may have his happily ever after, Cinderella style. Don’t take your shoe shopping routine for granted. You never know who might be there to help you try on your new perfect pair, a pair that may not be just ordinary shoes. A glass slipper could be magical or perhaps one left behind in need of a little TLC. Remember, magic dwells in the most unexpected places. And do let some step-sisters surprise you. They are not all ugly. After all, Cinderella is one, too. Most importantly, don’t let Cinderella fool you into believing that she is a pushover or a damsel in distress. Cinderella Reimagined is an anthology of Cinderella retellings, consisting of fourteen short stories written by a group of authors who took on the challenge of giving the classic folk tale a modern twist. Opening with a short poem, the book is an enjoyable easy read, with stories told from various perspectives. Most importantly, Cinderella becomes anything but the classic fairy tale princess we have known. This collection is for readers who are looking for a feel-good and fun book.
Available as an ebook and paperback from Amazon.
Blog Posts about Cinderella Reimagined
- Imagine – #guestpost
- Getting Published for the First Time #writerslife
- Cinderella Reimagined #bookblast
- Interview about Reimaginings Books
What do you think about the questions? Did it make you want to read the book? How do you feel about book clubs? Check out my Pinterest board about this book.