Celebrating the release of Irascible Immortals Short Story Series Volume 7-9, I’m sharing a couple of book club questions.
Book club questions Irascible Immortals Short Story Series Volume 7-9
- Did you like the fact that Baba Yaga had taken time off for herself?
- Do you think that there is gender discrimination in folklore?
- What are your thoughts about Baba Yaga’s situation?
- Did you like the fact that Morrígan found her powers again during all the craziness of the Warp?
- Do you think that people look away from bad things happening around them just to keep their comfy lifestyles?
- What do you think about the fact that a Cù Sìth (a Faery Dog) had bound Morrígan’s powers, yet she is on a mission to save dogs?
- Did you like the fact that Isis had waited for the apocalypse before making her move?
- What do you think about the fact that Set was allowed in the Underworld (he murdered Osiris) but Isis wasn’t (she loved Osiris)?
- What are your thoughts about Isis and her magic?
- How do you think the story continues?
About the book
Immortals + Boredom = Catastrophe.
Something old and dangerous is waking, making the immortals act out on their crazier instincts.
Baba Yaga had taken the last century off to focus on herself. A bargain is struck and she sends her fellows out to investigate: the way children are behaving is even worse than advertised. As the one who had always struck fear into the heart of misbehaving children, it is her duty to return to guide mortals. And stop them from killing each other.
Baba Yaga’s job just got worse after Pan and Poseidon’s game.
Morrígan had been separated from her powers for far too long. But thanks to the foolish actions of several immortals, she is in control of herself again. Can anyone stop her from destroying the human race in favour of animals?
Morrígan gets her powers back after centuries and is out for blood.
Isis had waited millennia to be reunited with her one true love – Osiris. Now that the mortal realm is all but destroyed, it is the perfect time to do some illicit magic. But all is not as it seems…
Isis is ready to unleash hell on earth to get Osiris back.
They are all so busy with their own stuff, they don’t even realise what is really going on…
Scroll up to buy now and enjoy the hilarity that ensues when bored immortals let loose.
Get your book club questions in Afrikaans here.
Being something fearsome relegated to the realm of folklore wasn’t too bad. For longer than she cared to remember, Baba Yaga had to curtail the wilder side of children, give sage advice to the pure of heart, and keep her part of the world in balance. She had taken the last century off. After the last would-be Van Helsing mistaking her for a vampire – idiot! – she had decided that she wasn’t being respected, revered or feared anymore and thus humans didn’t deserve her guidance.
It had been a blast. For over a century she had been able to sleep in, have breakfast in bed – brought to her by her faithful servants – and catch up with the latest in witchcraft.
Baba Yaga stretched languidly on the deck chair in her garden. She felt relaxed into her toes. Her bare feet soaked in the heat and light of the sun. Her black yoga pants and long-sleeved shirt held the heat while her silver hair spread around her, deflected the light. She felt in balance.
The skulls impaled on the fence surrounding her garden and house gleamed in the dappled afternoon sun. She smiled lazily, looking at the various plants her servants had snuck out of Faerie for her enjoyment. Pulsing green mushrooms, peach-flesh-coloured flowers with purple thorns, rust-coloured roses snapping at birds and swallowing them whole if given a chance, hawthorn bushes perpetually covered with white flowers, and slimy green vines ready to ensnare the unwary.
Yes, this was the life she was meant to live.Over the Hills and Far Away, Irascible Immortals Short Story Series Volume 7-9
Blog posts about the book:
- Book Club Questions: The Irascible Immortals Series Collection #books #fantasy #IrascibleImmortals
- Whirlwind Publishing #writerslife #IrascibleImmortals #IWSG
- Being Irascible #IWSG
- Let’s Talk Boybands #AtoZChallenge
Book Club posts for individual books:
- Book Club Questions: Over the Hills and Far Away #IrascibleImmortals #DarkFantasy #NewRelease
- Book Club Questions: Morrígan Unleashed #IrascibleImmortals #DarkFantasy #NewRelease
- Book Club Questions: A Way Back into Love #newrelease #IrascibleImmortals
Folklore blog posts:
What do you think about the questions? Did it make you want to read the book? How do you feel about book clubs? Check out the Pinterest board for this series.
Want a taste of my writing? Sign up to my newsletter and get your free copy of Unseen, Faery Tales #2.