Celebrating the release of Irascible Immortals Short Story Series Volume 1-3, I’m sharing a couple of book club questions.
Book club questions Irascible Immortals Short Story Series Volume 1-3
- What do you think of Odin?
- What do you think about the fact that Thor went to Midgard, too?
- Did you see the similarities between actual retirement practices and the story?
- How did you like Anubis’ life in the Egyptian underworld?
- Did you see the similarities between actual retrenchment practices and the story?
- What do you think of the other Egyptian gods?
- How did you like Mab’s life before her vacation?
- What do you think about the people in New Orleans?
- What do you think about the fact that everything went to hell the moment she took some time for herself?
- How do you think the story continues?
About the book
Immortals + Boredom = Catastrophe.
Something old and dangerous is waking, making the immortals act out on their crazier instincts.
Odin used to have it pretty good: whole nations worshipped him, named a day of the week after him, believed him to be wise. These days, though, not even the pets of other immortals respect him.
Odin goes off to Midgard to live in a retirement home.
Anubis has never had it great. Not even in the heyday of Egypt. And though his job has never become obsolete, it’s not like anyone ever thanks him for guiding the recently dead to their Egyptian afterlife. But then they want to outsource his job to a no-name brand.
Anubis leaves his job to go on a beach vacation.
Mab is the queen of dreams. And nightmares. But when thinking up dancing unicorns for humans to dream of fail to amuse her, she knows that she needs a break.
Mab takes off to New Orleans for Samhain fun.
They are all so busy with their own stuff, they don’t even realise what is really going on…
Scroll up to buy now and enjoy the hilarity that ensues when bored immortals let loose.
Get your book club questions in Afrikaans here.
He settled back into the comfort of his bed, trying to sleep again. What he needed, Odin realised, was to find joy in living.
He could hear Freya and Frigg scream at each other, the sounds the ravens and cats were making amplified their argument. He didn’t need to hear them properly to know what they were disagreeing about again: cats and their place in a peaceful household. It was an old argument; one they could run with if not stopped. He pulled a pillow over his face.
Battle cries and the clanging of metal came through the open window. The warriors of Valhalla had stormed into the streets of Asgard, despite knowing they weren’t allowed to. He needed a tranquil place to catch up on much needed sleep. His eye shot open and he threw the pillow aside. Midgard had places for men his age to find joy and tranquillity. Grinning, he got out of bed.Breaking the Habit, Irascible Immortals Short Story Series Volume 1-3
Blog posts about the book:
- Book Club Questions: The Irascible Immortals Series Collection #books #fantasy #IrascibleImmortals
- Whirlwind Publishing #writerslife #IrascibleImmortals #IWSG
- Being Irascible #IWSG
Book Club posts for individual books:
- Book Club Questions: Breaking the Habit #books #fantasy #IrascibleImmortals
- Book Club Questions: How You Remind Me #books #fantasy #IrascibleImmortals
- Book Club Questions: Queen of Nightmares #books #fantasy #IrascibleImmortals
Folklore blog posts:
- Anubis #folklore #AtoZChallenge
- Odin #folklore #AtoZChallenge
- Huge Snake: Apophis #folklore #AtoZChallenge
- The Dark King #folklore
- Dagda: Jailer of the Underworld #AtoZChallenge #folklore
- The Faeries and Folklore Podcast by Ronel: The Dark King #podcast #faeries #folklore
- The Faeries and Folklore Podcast by Ronel: Dagda #podcast #faeries #folklore
What do you think about the questions? Did it make you want to read the book? How do you feel about book clubs? Check out the Pinterest board for this series.
Want a taste of my writing? Sign up to my newsletter and get your free copy of Unseen, Faery Tales #2.