Can you believe that last year this time I published the first book in the Faery Tales series without realising that it would be such an important section of my new series? Celebrating the birthday of Black Moon – and the new cover! – I’m sharing a couple of book club questions.
Book club questions Black Moon
- Did you like the fact that Emma was already a warrior before the supernatural took over her life?
- Did you see the similarities between actual political violence in South Africa and the story?
- What do you think of Gavin?
- What do you think about Thomas and his gang of idiots?
- What do you think about the fact that Gavin was chosen to be a warrior in the Hall of Valhalla while Emma became a Valkyrie?
- Do you think that there is gender discrimination in the Other World?
- What do you think about the Valkyries?
- What do you think about the Furies?
- What are your thoughts about Emma’s situation?
- How do you think the story continues?
About the book
Original cover and blurb:
New cover and blurb:
Death is only the beginning…
Varsity student, Emma, makes the ultimate sacrifice to save her fellow students from rioters and is taken to Valhalla.
Instead of being welcomed as a hero, she is enlisted to the Valkyries to eternally battle the Furies over the souls of the fallen who will fight on their side during Ragnarok.
She is not well-liked by her sisters-in-arms and Valkyries are not allowed to be opinionated.
Can Emma learn to live with the sexist beliefs of her new society, or will she forge her own path?
Scroll up to buy now!
*This is the eighth book in the Faery Tales series.
This is the closest to the version of Zombie Nation (AKA Kernkraft by German techno artist Zombie Nation!) that I have that I could find online. It’s the inspiration (partially!) to the climax of Black Moon.
Blog posts about this book
What do you think about the questions? Did it make you want to read the book? How do you feel about book clubs? Check out my Pinterest board for this book.